After recently obtaining an old worn pallet I intended to use to make a frame for a Mondo Kill List poster, I decided to use the material for a CyBar instead after a trip to Berlin.
I would use the pallet in conjunction with some mahogany left over from CyBar 286080DD in order to add detail and highlights.
Wood on one side – interior – would be finely polished, then a stain used to make as smooth as possible. The outside of the chest area of the CyBar would be rough, the texture of the pallet in its current state.
The legs of the CyBar would be a mixture of all. Partial amount of rough pallet showing with mostly polished area being visible and accompanied by polished mahogany.
The front would be two mahogany doors hanging from a frame of the unpolished pallet wood.
- The doors are long and thin, unlike previous CyBar 286080DD. Also unlike 286080DD, there will be no veneer pattern on the doors so instead try to chisel in panels.
- Pare out the design of panels on a regular door – standard two rectangular spaces as per household doors. Use the scalpel to cut out basic shape, then pare out the rest of the detail with a chisel.
- Flirted with the idea of making the rectangular design a domino as per the Dominoid City.
- Dominoid City is a future Ealu project.
- Hang doors so they open out.
- Use bee’s wax to finish mahogany. Polish the doors. Might be a nice way to finish.